Searching for downtown LA condos for sale needs to be fun, exciting and a smooth process from start-to-finish.
Everything you want to know about downtown Los Angeles real estate you’ll find below. You’ll be able to:
- Search downtown LA condos for sale by price
- Find DTLA condos for sale by square footage
- View the market reports for downtown LA condos that have been listed, sold and have had open houses
So whether you want to live in the upscale Ritz Carlton (900 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015) or the Elleven Lofts in South Park (1111 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90015) you’ll be able to find the latest real estate listings from the MLS for top LA condos here.
Investors and new developments are changing the DTLA real estate landscape. This is one of the reasons that is driving home buyers to purchase downtown LA condos.
The old saying “there is nothing to do in Downtown LA” no longer holds true.
When you search for a condo for sale in downtown LA, you will discover that there are numerous modern condos in Los Angeles that offer various floor plans and amenities to choose from.
Start your search for downtown LA condos for sale below. Maximize your time by searching either by price or by square foot.
$ 300,000 – $ 500,000
$ 500,000 – $ 750,000
$ 750,000 – $ 1,000,000
$ 1,000,000 – $1,500,000
$ 1,500,000 – And Up
Under 500 SF
500 – 800 SF
800 – 1,000 SF
1,000 – 2,000 SF
2,000 – 3,000 SF
3,000 SF and Up
*Your personal information is never sold nor mined when using this site*
Buyers will find up-to-date market reports of downtown LA condos for sale below. They are conveniently broken into the various zip codes that make up downtown LA including:
Educated home buyers will appreciate the market reports so that they better understand the real estate landscape for condos and apartments selling in downtown LA.
Looking for and considering a move to downtown Los Angeles? You’re in the right place as downtown Los Angeles going through a renaissance!
Living in downtown Los Angeles offers many conveniences for potential residents looking at downtown condos for sale. For instance, the local grocery stores are Whole Foods (off S Grand Ave & W 8th St) and Ralph’s make it a breeze for downtown dwellers to go grocery shopping. Similarly, enjoy a drink at the rooftop bar at the Ace Hotel or Freehand Hotel after work and there’s always something happening at LA LIVE! or the Staples Center.
Making living in DTLA exciting and not mundane.
While the verdict for best apartments in downtown LA is still out, Craig Thomas is a downtown real estate expert who can help you locate the best condo or townhome in Los Angeles for sale that best suit your personal and work life.
Tip: Some of the latest luxury condo listings in downtown Los Angeles can be found close to the entertainment venues mentioned above. This makes it ideal for individuals searching for the best condos in LA that are close to entertainment, dining and shopping. Likewise there are numerous projects in the works that will offer new condos for sale in Los Angeles for those looking to purchase a newly built condo or loft.
In 1781 the city was founded by a group of settlers from Mexico known as “Los Pobladores”. This group was comprised of 11 families. From 1880 – 1896 the population of the city increased from 11k too close to 100k due to land speculation.
Interestingly enough, by the end of the 19th century is when downtown Los Angeles really began to boom. After that, many businesses opened in what is now the historic core of DTLA and by 1920 the city of Los Angeles had the most advanced rail line, even better than that of New York City. Downtown Los Angeles had become a metropolitan area at this time due to land developers. By early 20th century, “Wall Street of the West” was being formed on the Spring Street Financial District as major corporate headquarters of financial institutions clustered the area.
For example, some of these included Bank of America and California Bank & Trust.
Likewise, now that downtown Los Angeles was starting to grow, residents of the city needed more entertainment options. Cue Broadway. The street was the place to go for shopping, nightlife and entertainment as it had built numerous theatre houses for those living and venturing into DTLA. Lets not forget about the overall commercial growth this caused in downtown. Little by little did grand hotels start to appear, including the Biltmore and Alexandria; which are now staples in downtown LA.
- Downtown Los Angeles is the second-most diverse neighborhood in L.A.
- DTLA is the center of the regions growing rail system. If you frequent public transit for work or fun, finding downtown LA condos for sale near a line should not pose a problem. Union Station in DTLA is located on 800 N Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012. One is able to catch the metro or Amtrak at this station.
- Tallest building in DTLA is the Wilshire Grand Center (900 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90017) standing 1,100 feet tall and 73 floors and boasts an amazing bar/restaurant on top – Spire 73.
- Moving to Los Angeles from DC? You may find interesting that Downtown L.A. is the largest government center outside of Washington D.C. Government buildings in downtown LA include: City Hall (200 N. Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012); Department of Water & Power (111 N Hope St, Los Angeles, CA 90012) and Parker Center (150 N Los Angeles St, Los Angeles, CA 90012)
- Los Angeles has more artists (concentration and numbers) than New York
- Bunker Hill (a neighborhood of downtown Los Angeles) remained a undeveloped promontory until it was purchased for $51 in 1867 by a Canadian Immigrant who later became the 13th mayor of Los Angeles
- Pershing Square in downtown LA was recognized as a square in 1866 – this makes it LA’s oldest park. It was originally named Central Park up until WW1. It was then renamed after General John Pershing. DTLA condos for sale nearby include those at the Interface, only a few minutes from Pershing Square which is located at 532 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
- Many buildings built in the 1800s are still standing in DTLA. If lucky, you may find downtown LA condos for sale or rent that now occupy these historic buildings.
- Warner Music moved several of its labels into the Arts District (there are numerous condos for sale in the Arts District of Los Angeles for those who enjoy being close to breweries, art galleries and a creative community).
- Estimated population is 85,000
- Median age for residents was 34 (per Downtown Center Business Improvement District)
- Median household income was $98,7000 (per Downtown Center Business Improvement District)
- Downtown LA zip code(s) consist of 90012, 90013, 90015, 90017, 90021, 90071
Have specific questions about DTLA condos for sale?
- Maybe you’re searching for downtown LA apartments with a view?
- Or general questions about downtown Los Angeles real estate?
Craig Thomas wants to help you discover downtown LA apartments for sale.
As a downtown realtor, Craig Thomas who will help you when you’re ready to start viewing real estate in downtown LA. Being a fellow resident of DTLA, Craig is “in the know” when it comes to downtown LA condos for rent.
For example, whether looking in South Park, Bunker Hill, Little Tokyo, the Arts District and everywhere in-between, he can help you discover the latest and new downtown condominiums in Los Angeles.
If you need to stick to a budget when searching for downtown LA condos for sale, Craig can show you a refined list of downtown LA condos that will fit your budget. You may be surprised on what you can find in downtown Los Angeles for sale on a budget.
Email Your Questions About Downtown LA Condos
Contact Craig to get current downtown Los Angeles prices so you are armed with the most accurate information to get your condo or loft sold at the best price.
He is here to help you discover luxury condos for sale in Los Angeles; whether in DTLA or throughout the city. Need a fast response? Text or call him at 817.584.7846
- Arts District: Using the latest listing search above, you can find all relevant Arts District condos for sale in this eclectic neighborhood. The Arts District in DTLA is bordered by Alameda Street on the west, the Los Angeles river to the east, First Street on the north, and Violet Street to the south. Buildings in the area include Biscuit Company Lofts which is close to Pizzanista, Bread Lounge and Stumptown Coffee Roasters. Some may argue that the best condos in downtown Los Angeles are in the surrounding Arts District.
- Broadway Theater
- Bunker Hill – Discover various condos for sale downtown Los Angeles in their vibrant neighborhood like the Promenade West Condominiums.
- Fashion District
- Financial District
- Flower District
- Gallery Row
- Historic Core
- Jewelry District
- Little Tokyo – The Little Tokyo Lofts offer living to residences who want to be walking distance too Little Tokyo and the Japanese Village Plaza. While searching for downtown Los Angeles condominiums for sale, keep this pocket of DTLA in mind.
- South Park: Downtown LA apartments for sale in this neighborhood include those in the TEN50 (1050 S Grand Ave), Luma Lofts (1100 S Hope St), 1155 S Grand Ave, and luxury apartments for sale at the Ritz Carlton Residences at L.A. Live. The neighborhood of South Park in DTLA is bordered by W 8th street on the north, the 110 freeway on the east, highway 10 on the south, and S Main St on the west. And the apartments across Staples Center (Circa) feature a 2-acre rooftop park for it’s residents.
Downtown LA condos for sale are scattered throughout various neighborhoods in downtown. However, the majority are concentrated in South Park, Little Tokyo, the Arts District and Bunker Hill.
If you are looking for luxury service and amenities, downtown LA condos for sale offer everything one could want.
- private lounges
- personal swimming pool
- dedicated concierge
- world-class spa access
DTLA condos for sale that offer upscale living include:
- 900 W Olympic | The Ritz-Carlton
- 1111 S Grand Ave | Elleven South Lofts
- 800 W 1st St Los Angeles | Bunker Hill Tower
- 108 W 2nd St Los Angeles CA | Higgins Building Lofts
- 416 S Spring St | El Dorado Lofts
- 460 S Spring St Los Angeles | Rowan Lofts
- 655 S Hope
- 215 W 7th S | Bartlett Building
- 801 S Grand Ave | Sky Lofts Condos
Discover more about the latest luxury units in DTLA high rises for sale.
As you search for condos in Los Angeles you’ll quickly figure out that DTLA offers various landmarks you can walk to and admire. For instance, S. Broadway is filled with original theatre houses. Some of which have been converted into LA condos for sale.
Perfect for those looking for unique condos in Los Angeles.
Bunker Hill is home the Frank Gehry designed Walt Disney Concert Hall and one can catch a lunch break at one of the many food vendors that call the 100+ year old Grand Central Market home. FYI – Most people don’t know that Grand Central Market (317 South Broadway Los Angeles 90013) first started off as a commercial building with a Beaux-Arts style.
- Bradbury Building – Ironwork and design make this architectural building a must see. Located at 304 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013
- 849 Building – Also known as the Eastern Columbia Building – located at 849 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90014
- Staples Center – LA condos for sale around the Staples Center (now known at the Cypto.com arena) benefit from being close to all the action. From conventions, events, performances and night life right outside your doorstep.
- City Hall
- Angels Flight Railway – Located at 350 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90071 and across the street from the popular Grand Central Market
LA condos for sale in downtown will provide access to numerous convenient activities to choose from. Whether you’re looking to catch a sporting events, find your next favorite book or explore the food scene.
- The Last Bookstore is an independent bookstore located at 453 S Spring Street, Downtown LA. They are sure to carry the book you have been searching for. If not, you will get instagram worthy photos on their 2nd floor.
- Enjoy some of the finest dining establishments in downtown LA like Bottega Louie (and their macarons)
- Numerous rooftops in DTLA that offer happy hour like Spire 73, on top of the Intercontinental Hotel.
- The Broad Museum – Located at 221 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- LA Public Library offers a wide selection of magazines and books to choose from.
- Spruce up your home or apartment with a crazy selection of flowers from the Flower Market in downtown LA. You will have more choices than you know what to do with. The Flower Market is open Monday – Thursday 5am – 12pm, Friday from 5am – 2pm, Saturday from 6am – 2pm and closed on Sundays (however check website for updated hours).
- Catch dinner and a movie at the Alamo Draft House (remember to turn off your phones!)
- It seems everyone has a storage shed(!) So when moving to downtown Los Angeles you have a Public Storage close by in the Arts District.
Friends and family will want to visit when you live in downtown Los Angeles. DTLA offers some of the best hotels for those looking to stop by and visit. Below is a list of the most popular hotels located in downtown Los Angeles that you can recommend.
- Omni Hotel Los Angeles – The Omni in DTLA is located at 251 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Hotel Figueroa
- JW Marriot Los Angeles L.A. Live – The Ritz includes premier LA condos for sale that offer luxury and proximity to the Staples Center and Convention Center. If you’re searching for DTLA condos for sale, this may be a place to start your search.
- The Westin Bonaventura
- InterContinental Los Angeles
- The LINE Hotel
- Best Western PLUS
- Hotel Indigo Downtown Los Angeles
- Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles – Find this hotel nestled at 506 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- The NoMad Hotel
- DoubleTree by Hilton in Downtown Los Angeles
- Aventura Hotel
- Miyako Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles – Located in Little Tokyo, this hotel is close to a number of DTLA condos for sale in Little Tokyo and the neighboring Arts District.
- Freehand Los Angeles
- Ramada by Wyndham
- CitizenM Hotel
Skip staying inside during the weekends. Living in downtown Los Angeles will provide plenty of activities one can choose from. For example, public parks, outdoor spaces, shopping, dining and entertainment will be easily accessible in downtown LA. Below is a break down of things to do in downtown LA.
Venues with Downtown Los Angeles Condos for Sale Nearby
- L.A. Live – LARegal Movie Theatre showing the latest Hollywood flicks. The Residences at Oceanwide Plaza are also currently under construction down the street. Perfect for those wanting to be close to the action in DTLA.across from the Staples Center provides numerous restaurants to choose from, a bowling, as well as the
- Bunker Hill is another neighborhood with DTLA condos for sale. Nearby you’ll find the Disney Concert Hall – which is a venue providing classical music and jazz performances
- The Broad Museum – for those craving contemporary works of art, The Broad is situated on top of Bunker Hill in DTLA. Best of all, general admission is free! Make sure to reserve ahead of time. Some of the best downtown LA condos for sale are walking distance from The Broad.
- Go for a night out in the Arts District and catch renowned art work at Hauser & Wirth. Then stop by for the months new eclectic ice cream flavors and Salt & Straw next door.
- Take a few hours to explore and learn about Japanese American culture at the Japanese American National Museum which was founded in 1992.
- Explore Santee Alley in LA’s Fashion District (get ready for crowded, narrow alleys). Likewise, Craig can help you navigate the numerous DTLA condos for rent around this neighborhood.
Looking for that new Friday night dress or suit and tie? Downtown Los Angeles offers a pretty big selection of shopping. With numerous shopping centers (The BLOC, FIGat7th, & ROW DTLA) you can most definitely find what you are looking for. As a downtown real estate agent, Craig can help you find the best DTLA condos for sale that are walking distance from these destinations.
Below you will find a break down of some of the local shopping stores in downtown LA.
The BLOC at 700 W 7th St, Los Angeles, CA 90017 features:
- Sunglass Hut
- Eli & Ella Rose
- Dry Bar
FIGat7th at 735 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90017 features:
- Sprinkles Cupcakes
- Nordstrom Rack
- Bath & Body Works
The Row at 777 Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90021 features:
- Hawkins New York
- Hightide Store DTLA
- Galerie L.A.
Grocery Stores in DTLA
- Whole Foods Market – The apartments above Whole Foods in DTLA (Eighth & Grand – 770 S Grand Ave.) offer the convenience of an easy grocery run. Likewise living at Eighth & Grand you will have a Capital One Cafe, CVS and Starbucks minutes from your home. Similarly, if you’re searching for condos to buy in Los Angeles nearby, Craig can help.
- Ralphs – Skyline Condos (W 9th St. 90015) are in Downtown Los Angeles and across the street from Ralphs.
- Smart & Final Extra!
- Marukai (located in Little Tokyo)
- Little Tokyo Market Place
- Grow DTLA
Popular Restaurants in DTLA
Downtown Los Angeles offers great dining spots for those whole call DTLA home. Below we list some of the best restaurants and dessert spots (both well known and hole in the walls) that are walking distance from numerous DTLA condos.
- Broken Spanish
- The Original Pantry Cafe – Craving breakfast? Stop by this establishment located at 877 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90017
- Little Damage
- Bottega Louie
- Sushi Gen
- Cafe Gratitude
- Zinc Cafe & Market
- The Pie Hole – Amazing pies! Highly recommend their apple pie. The closest downtown LA condos here will be within the Arts District.
- Prank Bar – considered LA’s first walk up bar, Prank is in South Park and surrounded by some of the newest luxury condos in DTLA. If you’re searching for condos to buy in Los Angeles, this area of downtown is beaming with shiny new living.
- Panini Kabob Grill
- Faith & Flower
- Wokcano – FYI, their happy hour is a must! Stop by Wokcano at 800 W 7th St, Los Angeles, CA 90017
- Grand Central Market is an open air market featuring numerous options for food. From burgers, nachos, juices, breakfast and beer!
- Smorgasburg LA is the largest weekly open-air food market in America! With locations in New York and LA it attracts more than 50,000 people each weekend. Located in the ROW DTLA, you will have local vendors like URBN Pizza, Sweet N Hollow, The Ricans and Stand Coffee to choose from. Some of the closest DTLA condos are going to be located in Little Tokyo and the Arts District.
Breweries in Downtown Los Angeles
Catch a cold one at one of these local breweries in DTLA.
- First Draft Taproom & Kitchen
- Boomtown Brewery
- Angel City Brewery
- Golden Road Grand Central Market (Grand Central Market is close to numerous downtown LA condos for rent or sale off Broadway, Pershing Square and Bunker Hill)
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company
- Modern Times Dankness Dojo (downtown LA condos that are close by include those in Oakwood Olympic & Olive (1001 S Olive St), LEVEL (888 S Olive St) and the Reserve Lofts DTLA (409 W Olympic Blvd)).
- HiDef Brewing Co located in the South Park neighborhood on the corner of S Olive St and W 12th.
Tired of sitting around all day in your DTLA condo?
Step outside and enjoy air by stopping at one of the many public parks around the downtown Los Angeles. Enjoy a sandwich in Grand Park or a cup of coffee in Pershing Square DTLA.
Did you know DTLA has a secret garden? One can take a quick walk to the secret garden inside the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
If you need to get out and break a sweat, Elysian Park offers a quick escape from the downtown LA hustle. Only about 10minutes from DTLA, you can enjoy a hike, job, or sitting around the numerous green spaces offered here. You’ll also be able to catch some epic views of the DTLA skyline from there. Buying or renting in DTLA offers vast options for those looking to to reside in it.
Take a quick breather to study or relax in downtown Los Angeles. We love Verve Coffee Roasters (the interior and outside patio make great instagram-worthy photos, too), Tilt Coffee Bar, Capital One Cafe and for the Harry Potter fans out there, discover Nimbus Coffee. This coffee shop is close to many condos for sale in downtown Los Angeles as it is located inside the new South Park community of DTLA.
One can’t search homes for sale in Downtown Los Angeles without considering the nearby schools. Below is a breakdown with the closest public, private and charter schools to DTLA.
- Alliance College Ready Academy High – Grades 9-12 – 1575 West Second St., Los Angeles, 90026
- Castelar Street Elementary – Grades K-5 – 840 Yale St., Los Angeles 90012
- Los Angeles High School of the Arts – Grades 9-12 – 701 South Catalina St., Los Angeles 90005
- Metropolitan Continuation – Grades 9-12 – 727 South Wilson St., Los Angeles 90021
- Ramon C. Cortines School of Visual and Performing Arts – Grades 9-12 – 450 North Grand Ave., Los Angeles 90012
- Animo Jefferson Charter Middle – Grades 6-8 – 1655 East 27th St., Set. A, Los Angeles 90011
- New Designs Charter- Grades 6-12 – 23030 South Figueroa Way, Los Angeles, 90007
- Bishop Mora Salesian High School – Grades 9-12 – 960 South Soto Street, Los Angeles, 90023
- Dolores Mission – Grades K-8 – 170 South Gless Street, Los Angeles, 90033
- New Covenant Academy – Grades 1-2 – 1111 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles 90012
Although downtown LA houses are harder to come by, Craig Thomas is capable of helping you and your family find something in DTLA that fit your needs when it comes to downtown real estate.
Downtown Los Angeles real estate is one of the fastest growing areas in the city. And living in downtown LA provides something for everyone that calls it home.
Searching condos for sale in downtown Los Angeles shouldn’t require endless hours of work on your part. As a DTLA real estate agent, Craig has the ability to show you the latest and most up to date condo and penthouses for sale in Los Angeles.
Have questions about Downtown LA condos for sale?
Whether you are looking to buy or rent, Craig Thomas will make your next home transition seamless, fun and provide you with knowledge.
Send an email to Craig using the contact form below or text/call for a faster response at 817.584.7846.
When you work with Craig as your DTLA realtor, his services are of no-charge to his clients! Meaning he will use his resources, contacts and up-to-date downtown LA real estate info to help you find your perfect condo or loft; at no cost to you!
- Everything to Know About Under Contract Pending
- Big Yard Areas for First Time home Buyers in Los Angeles
- Where is Hollywood Hills Located and How Much Are The Homes?
- Echo Park Homes for Rent Are in Demand
- Is Moving to LA a Good Idea? Your Answer is Waiting!
- Apt Realtors in Los Angeles: Should You Sublease?
- Use Free and Latest Rent VS Buy Calculator
- Discover New Brentwood LA Real Estate for Sale
- Searching for Fancy Houses for Sale in Hollywood? They’re Here and Mega Sized!
- Spacious Hollywood Hills Apartments for Sale
- Unique Common Co Living Space in LA
- Corporate Home Rentals for Professionals in Los Angeles