Discover the latest Echo Park real estate here. If you dream about living in Echo Park, the real estate listings on this page are up-to-date and always updating with the newest Echo Park real estate – straight from the MLS. Echo Park is one of the oldest neighborhoods sandwiched between Hollywood and downtown Los Angeles.
If you’re searching for Echo Park real estate you may want to experience the neighborhoods counter-culture attitude, central location to the city, lively night scene which includes numerous dive bars, art galleries and of course, the famed Echo Park Lake.
Additionally, Echo Park real estate shares a proximity to charming coffee shops and a variety of restaurants that line Sunset Boulevard. Living in Echo Park you will find yourself a close distance to Elysian Park, where you can enjoy a brisk hike. Whether you’re looking to live on Kite Hill of Echo Park, or find yourself a charming Victorian home around Carroll Avenue of Angelino Heights, living or renting in Echo Park could be the perfect option for you.
Search Echo Park Real Estate Prices
Neighborhood Stats for Echo Park Real Estate
History Of Echo Park and Echo Park Lake
What is Echo Park known for? You may be surprised to learn that Edendale, a part of the Echo Park neighborhood, was the center of the filmmaking industry long before Hollywood was even “a thing”. The area came to be around 1892 and by the early 1910’s it housed some of the biggest film studios on the West Coast.
Film studios like Keystone Studios and the Selling Polyscope Company called Echo Park home. Additionally, Keystone Studios was responsible for Charlie Chaplin’s very first film!
In its early years, Echo Park Lake served as a reservoir for the city of Los Angeles. Then for owners of the land decided to give about 33 acres of land to the city so that it can be used as a park. In 1892 is when the city of Los Angeles began landscaping work for the new park. You can bet that the park was also used as filming locations by studios around the area.
Fast-forward to current times and you will learn that Echo Park in Los Angeles recently went through a major renovation. In the summer of 2011 Echo Park Lake was completely closed off and drained. The city of Los Angeles allocated close to $65 million to revitalize the lake and it was later re-opened on June 5, 2013.
Did You Know: Echo Park Lake got its name from then park superintendent, Joseph Henry Tomlinson. Apparently as the park was being built, Joseph recalled hearing numerous echos throughout the area.
Below are a few interesting facts about Echo Park you may find amusing.
- Home buyers flock to Carroll Avenue when they are searching for Victorian-style real estate for sale in Echo Park, Los Angeles. This street – in the Angelino Heights neighborhood – has most of the Victorian-era homes in Echo Park. Similarly, the picturesque neighborhood has been featured in many of motion pictures you’re familiar with (including a scene from L.A. Confidential, which was shot on Bellevue Avenue).
- The entire block of 1300 Carrol Avenue was listed in 1976 under the National Register of Historic Places.
- Echo Park is also home to Elysian Park, the green space that offers numerous hilly hikes and palm tree lined picnic spaces. It is the oldest park in Los Angeles and was founded in 1886.
Statistics on Echo Park in Los Angeles
- Echo Park covers 2.4 square miles
- In 2008 the city counted the population at around 43,800
- Median age for residents is around 30 years old
- Median household income is around $73K
- Zip codes for Echo Park real estate are 90012, 90026, 90031 and 90039
Echo Park Real Estate Agent
You need one of the best real estate agents in Echo Park to help you buy, sell or rent in Echo Park. Whether you’re moving to California or moving from another neighborhood in LA, Craig Thomas is a trusted real estate agent. When you choose to move to Echo Park you will undoubtedly have numerous questions and concerns.
Let Craig Thomas make the process smooth and simple.
Craig has over 13 years of experience in real estate. His strong attributes include communication, negotiating and helping clients find their perfect home to buy or rent. The best real estate agent in Echo Park is the one who listens to their clients and has their best interest in mind. Not the one who only cares about the sale. If you have questions about Echo Park real estate prices or are ready to make the move into new Echo Park lofts, contact Craig using the contact form below or by texting or calling at 817.584.7846
Famous People Who Have Lived Here
The counter-culture attitude of Silver Lake & Echo Park attracts many artists, musicians and actors. For this reason it has been home to many notable names and figures.
- Charlie Chaplin
- Jackson Browne
- Lana Del Rey
- Alice Cooper
- Eric Garcetti
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Seth Green
- Steve McQueen
- Shia LaBeouf
- Danny Trejo
- Frank Zappa
Neighborhoods (Districts) in Echo Park
Elysian Heights – This neighborhood, along with Edendale in Echo Park, has been home to many artists, musicians, actors, filmmakers and architects. Edendale was also home to numerous movie studios in the early 1900’s long before Hollywood. Elysian Heights is home too many of coffee shops, dining, clubs and Echo Park boutiques that line Sunset Blvd. The Echo Park real estate in this neighborhood is quite coveted.
Angelino Heights – For those looking to buy a Victorian-era home, this neighborhood offers the most selections (assuming one is on the market) on its famed Carrol Street. Walk or drive thru this neighborhood and you will notice its sweeping views of downtown Los Angeles. In the early days, Angelino Hills was a suburb to the local wealthy individuals who worked in downtown Los Angeles.
Victor Heights – Buyers and renters will notice the stucco homes and hilly streets of Victor Heights. Originally occupied primarily by Italians and Croatians who covered the majority of the area, Victor Heights now has a “hipster” vibe to it with plenty of new condo complexes being built. This revitalization has started to attract plenty of business professionals who work in DTLA and want to find Echo Park houses for sale. Victor Heights currently lacks some amenities including a grocery store. However the closest ones are both in downtown Los Angeles (Whole Foods and Ralphs) along with a smaller grocery store in the Arts District of DTLA.
Historic Filipinotown (also known as HiFi) – Bounded by Glendale Boulevard on the east, Temple Street on the north, Hoover Street on the West and Beverly Boulevard on the south, this district was created by a city resolution back in 2002. This section of land was first settled by Filipino families in the early 20th century. Nowadays the area is quite diverse and is known for being friendly and affordable (it also offers some Victorian-era styled homes) and has an array of apartments near Echo Park.
Dining in Echo Park, Los Angeles
Buying Echo Park real estate provides benefits to its residents. For example, numerous dining and bar options are minutes away. Whether you are vegan, craving a slice of Neapolitan-style pizza or want a burger and fries, below we cover some of the latest hot spots to dine and drink in Echo Park.
- Taix French Restaurant
- Honey Hi
- Happy Tom’s Restaurant
- Mayas Tacos Restaurant
- The Park Restaurant
- Button Mash
- Sunset Beer
- Sage Plant Based Bistro
- Cosa Buona
Retail Stores Nearby
From vintage clothing stores, neighborhood salons, and quant little gift shops, Echo Park living offers some of the loveliest amenities close by.
- Shout & About
- Love and Lace Bridal
- Neighborhood Salon
- Tavin Boutique
- Angeleno Skate Shop
- Lemon Frog Shop Vintage Bazaar
Hotels in the Neighborhood
Have friends or family visiting Los Angeles? Echo Park doesn’t offer many hotel options, but downtown Los Angeles does! Below we list some finds for your friends and families.
- Super 8 By Wyndham (located in Echo Park)
- The Lexmar (located in Echo Park)
- *All the below are minutes away in Downtown LA
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- InterContinental Los Angeles
- Omni Los Angeles Hotel
- Millennium Biltmore hotel
- Hilton Checkers Los Angeles
- Freehand Los Angeles
- Hotel Indigo
- Ace Hotel
- Hotel Figueroa
- JW Marriott
Parks Close By
- Echo Park Lake – if you’re looking to catch a great skyline view of DTLA, you’ll catch it here. Also a neat spot to stop and read a book or pedal boat out into the lake on a swan shaped boat.
- Elysian Park – Definitely the place to go for a brisk walk or hike in close to Echo Park. Numerous picnic areas and green spaces to sit and hang out with friends. You’ll find Dodger Stadium, Angels Point and the LAPD academy here.
Education in Echo Park
- Elysian Heights elementary – 1562 Baxter Street (“Room 8 the Cat” belonged to this school)
- Clifford Street Elementary – 2150 Duane Street
- Mayberry Street Elementary – 2414 Mayberry Street
- Gabriella Charter – 1435 Logan Street
- Logan Street Span School – 1711 West Montana Street
- Rosemont Elementary – 421 N. Rosemont
- Betty Plasencia Elementary School – 1321 Cortez Street
- Baxter Montessori – 2101 North Echo Park Avenue
- Golden West Christian – 1310 Liberty Street
Living in Echo Park, LA – Conclusion
Echo Park is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Los Angeles. Residents find that living in Echo Park offers them a charming atmosphere that isn’t available in many other parts of LA. From numerous Echo Park coffee shops, dive bars, local shopping, open green spaces and eateries, there really is something for everyone in this community.
Ready to start your search for Echo Park, LA real estate? Looking for real estate agents in Echo Park? Contact Craig Thomas. With his knowledge of the area Craig will help you find Echo Park real estate that includes apartments and homes for sale.
Similarly, he can also help sell your current Echo Park home.
Have Questions About Echo Park, LA Real Estate?
Ready to start your home search in Echo Park? Craig Thomas is a top choice for home buyers looking for an Echo Park real estate agent that is timely, listens to their needs and will work to find them the best home. If you’re getting serious about locating Echo Park real estate, use the contact form below to contact Craig.
The more details you can include regarding your Echo Park home search the better.