Find A Realtor In Los Angeles
Find a realtor in Los Angeles you enjoy working with and work exclusively with them.
It will actually work against you when you try to work with more than one real estate agent Los Angeles.
Want to know how?
We will be covering two main topics (and freebies to make your search easier!) – all which are very important.
Topic One: Why Work With Only One L.A. Realtor?
- When searching for Realtors Near Me in Los Angeles, should you work with more than one?
The backstory – two real estate agents part of a podcast recently discussed the topic of buying a home in Los Angeles and one of them said the following:
“… when you are looking for a home, don’t only use one agent. When I bought my home, I had four different agents working for me at once, and they did not know about one another.”
I stopped listening to the podcast and came straight to write this article on finding a real estate agent in Los Angeles.
What’s my stance?
Stick with one Los Angeles real estate agent who you connect with throughout the entire home search process.
Topic Two: What Happens To Your Personal Data?
- Are you familiar with what happens to your information after hitting “get more info” on big real estate websites?
When searching for homes online, do you know what happens with your information?
For instance, when you find a home you like and want more info more than likely you see a checkbox where you can ask for more info.
Where does that go and who sees it?
Freebies: Market Reports, Advanced Mortgage Calculator and More!
Below you’ll have access to the following, at no hidden costs.
- Latest Market Report for all of Los Angeles County where you can view:
- latest homes that just hit the market
- homes that closed today (and their price!)
- open houses that I can show you
- much more!
- Advanced search map where you can adjust your home search as you see fit.
- Mortgage calculator! With this powerful tool, you can calculate your monthly mortgage and the closing costs for your home.
As a real estate agent in Los Angeles, I want to help you make your home search as easy as I can and hope these free, powerful tools will help.
Realtor Los Angeles Explains It All
If you are curious to know how topic one and two above will affect your real estate needs, Los Angeles Realtor® Craig Thomas will break it down further for you.
Common questions you may have include:
- Wouldn’t working with more than one real estate agent in Los Angeles expand my chances of finding my dream home?
- Don’t all the realtor Los Angeles I work with get paid? Regardless of who closes the home?
- How did I end up on mailing lists of so many real estate agent Los Angeles?
Work With One Real Estate Agent in LA
As one of the go-to realtors in Los Angeles CA, I have been helping people buy and sell homes since 2007.
The scenario we will be discussing is something I (sadly) have witnessed more than once during my real estate career.
Firstly, I feel this is more of an issue when you are working with a new and unseasoned LA real estate agent.
New real estate agents do not know how to spot the tell-tale signs of when their clients are using several agents to find a home, like top LA realtors would.
The Best Realtor Near Me in Los Angeles Can Spot Unfaithful Clients
Top LA real estate agents are able to spot these types of clients instantly (even when these clients think they are being smart).
Humans are creatures of habit and the best realtors in Los Angeles can tell when a client is not being loyal due to little details that a new real estate agent won’t know to spot.
Using Multiple Real Estate Agents is Wrong
Why is it a bad idea to bounce from one real estate agent in Los Angeles to another?
Don’t forget that even the top real estate agents are still a small business.
So when you find a realtor in Los Angeles that is willing to help you, they are expecting to be with you at the closing table due to all their time and work they have put into helping you buy, sell or rent.
This one LA realtor who spent weeks and hours of negotiating is looking to get paid for their time.
Local Realtors Near Me in LA County Shouldn’t Work For Free
Many people don’t realize this but only one, out of all the real estate agent in Los Angeles you have been using, will go to the closing table with you.
Meaning that this one L.A. realtor is the only one that will get paid.
What happens to the other real estate agents in Los Angeles who gave you their time, energy and expertise?
They get bumped out of the deal and lose out on a commission that they put weeks (sometimes months!) and countless hours into.
Did You Know: This is also quite common with apartment realtor in Los Angeles? One must remember to stick with one LA realtor throughout the entire process.
Los Angeles Real Estate Agents Near Me
At the start of my real estate career, I had a client that I worked with for well over 6 months.
Throughout this time I showed them countless real estate homes (gas and time), spent hundreds of hours helping them navigate questions and problems (time and more time)
- Helping them understand what does active mean in real estate
- To understanding how long is the home buying process
- Clearing up questions on what MLS statues symbols mean
One day without me knowing they walked into an open house that was being held by another professional realtor in my office.
They ended up buying the house from that agent.
As a result, I made $0 on the sale.
When I questioned them, they told me …
“Well I thought since the two of you were in the same office you would also get paid.”
Remember what I mentioned:
- I showed this client 50+ homes
- In time and gas that equals to $400-$500
- Real estate agents have additional costs also. We pay $800-$1000 a year to access the MLS to find homes for our clients
- All the email presentations that you get with those homes, that software is not free
- There are numerous systems that we use to get information to clients, and we pay for those systems
When a real estate agent in Los Angeles has 50 people in a year do this to them, you can guess what happens to their business.
Good Realtors For First Time Home Buyers
Remember LA realtors are constantly stuck in traffic and driving around town while making phone calls for you.
They are trying to find you the perfect modern houses in LA that you’ll buy and love.
Realtors in LA are putting in upfront costs and time that you may not even be aware of.
If you are looking at houses for sale in Los Angeles, follow these two steps:
- Firstly, find a top real estate agents in Los Angeles that you like and get along with (hint, hint … Craig Thomas)
- Secondly, make sure you trust your LA realtor
Trust that I am working hard to find you a home at the best price. And in the time frame that meets your goals.
I am also trusting that you are going to stay with me till we get to the closing table.
What is the benefit of working with only one agent?
- Loyal buyers often get more services from a single agent than if you are working with several agents
- You may think you are going to work the system and get more out of using five different agents, but that is not the truth
When your agent knows that you are working with only them 100%, the chances are they are 100% committed to working with you too.
For example, agents network with other agents in the private site or a broker open house.
Who do you thinks hears about a home that is coming on the market in a few days?
That would be the buyers that 100% committed to a single agent.
If none of these committed buyers are interested in the home, then the buyer who is working the system would get second hand info.
For instance we have all seen West Hollywood homes for sale that come on the market and 15 minutes later they are under contract.
That one lucky person is usually working with one agent.
Therefore, they heard about it before it went live to the public.
They got the see the house, put in an offer, and get the contract going before any other buyer did!
Keep this in mind when you try to find a realtor in Los Angeles.
Realtor Offices Near Me in Los Angeles: Who Do You Pick?
Professional real estate agents use varies tools when searching for Los Angeles homes for sale.
Seasoned top realtors in LA have a variety of systems in place compared to new real estate agents.
Remember there are a wide range of moving parts when buying or selling a home.
It is best to work with a real estate agent who can guide you through the entire process with ease.
When you are buying a home in California or searching for apartment realtors near you be sure to ask more questions.
This will ensure you feel comfortable using one agent and knowing you’re getting the best deal.
When Searching Realtor Agents Near Me in LA, Ask These Questions:
As you search for a sellers or buyers realtor near me in Southern California – make sure to ask these specific questions:
- What systems is the LA realtor using?
- When you try to find a realtor in Los Angeles, make sure to interview a few different agents to get a sense of their personality, strength and weaknesses
- Afterwards, go with the ONE realtor near me in Los Angeles that you feel you can trust the most with your home transaction
Are Multiple Real Estate Agent Los Angeles Contacting You?
Question: After searching for homes online, why do you all of a sudden get bombarded by so many Los Angeles estate agents?
This question is frequently asked by my clients and can be quite an annoying situation to deal with. Below I break down how you can end up in this scenario while searching for homes in Los Angeles, without even realizing it.
Real Estate Offices in Los Angeles Want Your Business
Let’s assume that right now you should be working but are taking a little “break” to browse homes for sale in Los Angeles.
As you know, there are plenty (and I do mean plenty) of sites online that one can use to help them on their home search. All of these sites spend millions of dollars on marketing and advertising to be able to get your eyes on their sites.
But do you ever wonder how these websites make money? As you know free isn’t really free, now is it?
Realtors in Los Angeles CA, They All Want Your Attention
While searching for homes you will more than likely notice some type of check box on the page. The wording will vary but typically you will check this box when you want more information on the home or want to book an appointment to view the property.
For example, you find a luxury home in Beverly Hills and want to know more about it so check this box. What happens after you hit “submit?
That inquiry gets sent to a realtor Los Angeles who is paying to get leads for that neighborhood or zip code. To keep it simple, let’s refer to them as LA Realtor #1.
Now not all LA realtors work the same. So let’s hope LA Realtor #1 is on their game and responds to your message soon (but let’s not to hold our breath here).
As you dodge any work you should be doing, you continue to browse homes for sale in Los Angeles and come across a charming Victorian home in Echo Park that you fall in love with. There you will find another form of a check box to receive more info and since you are really into this property, you once again fill out that form.
Off it goes, but this time to LA Realtor #2 – who is paying for leads for this specific neighborhood or zip code.
Guess what? LA Realtor #1 hasn’t contacted you back yet – BUT LA Realtor #2 got in touch almost instantly. Not only did this Los Angeles buyers agent answer your question about the Victorian home but also to your first question about the luxury house in Beverly Hills.
You decide to pause your LA home search for now and get back to work (has the boss noticed yet?) …
The First Real Estate Salesperson in Los Angeles Reaches Out (2 Days Later!)
Remember the first LA real estate agents you reached out to about the home in B.H.? They finally reach out to you (a few days later …).
But you already have your answers and are no longer in need of this agents service so you kindly tell them you got your question answered by another real estate agent and hang up.
As the week goes by you continue wondering through various real estate websites looking for homes. Every time you come across a new home you like you find that lovely little check box to “receive more info” and you fill it out – every. single. time.
How You End Up On Multiple LA Real Estate Agents Contact List
Did you know: There is more than one top LA realtors who are paying to essentially “work” and get leads from all the various zip codes and neighborhoods on these home search websites?
What does this mean for you?
Basically every time you check that check box for “more info” or whatever the wording is, that is being sent to a different real estate agent. For example, there may be 20+ LA realtors working a certain zip code or area.
So just because LA Realtor #2 got your message about the Victorian home in Echo Park does not mean they will get your 8th inquiry about another home in the same area – it will be a new LA realtor.
You’re Now On The Mailing List of 20+ Top LA Real Estate Agents
But is this a good thing or bad thing?
As originally stated in this article, having 20+ of the best realtors in Los Angeles working for you isn’t necessarily to your best interest. Think of it as trying to master 20 different things – but really only giving each one 10%.
You won’t get really far and the quality will be subpar.
Latest Los Angeles Market Report
- Want to know what has sold in Los Angeles today?
- Or the newest listings I can get you into that just hit the market?
Below you have in-depth access to all this and more – at no charge.
Ready to get going?
Contact Craig Thomas by email below or text/call 817.584.7846
Find Houses in LA Here
When you use my site (the one you’re currently on now) your questions will always come directly to me.
Not some random real estate agent in Los Angeles.
The benefits include:
- You won’t end up in the database of countless real estate agents in California (saving you from having to clear or spam all of the calls and emails.)
- The information provided by you won’t be sold to make money off of you
- Any and all information you receive will be personalized to best fit your needs and goals. Buying or selling is not a one size fits all approach so the information provided to you will be customized and tailored.
Make sure to think about checking that little unassuming box next time you are searching for homes elsewhere online.
*Rest assured that your personal information is never sold nor mined when using this site.
Monthly Payments & Closing Costs
Home Realtors Near Me in Los Angeles
In conclusion, remember this when searching for real estate agents in Los Angeles CA.
When you use more than one realtors near you to find a home, you’re taking money from them all.
Only the one agent that goes to the closing table with you gets paid.
All the energy and time spent by the other LA real estate agents could have been used for:
- Money for their food
- Bills still need to get paid
- Gas money
- Clothing for their children
Biggest Real Estate Agents in Los Angeles Checklist
When you find “the one” L.A. real estate agents, make sure to sign a buyer’s representation with them.
Let them go to work for you and be fair to everyone in the game.
Remember that you would not like someone taking money out of your pocket either.
This is the case when working with multiple real estate agents.
- Locate the best realtors near me in Los Angeles – and work with one only
- Sign a buyers agreement with them so that you both know you have each others trust and best interests in mind
- Be sure to ask any and as many questions to this one real estate agent
- Don’t contact or use other LA real estate agents when you’re already working with one
- Using more than one real estate agent in Los Angeles won’t necessarily mean more homes (we all use the same software)
Contact a Los Angeles Real Estate Agent
Ready to start searching for homes? Need to find a realtor in Los Angeles who is trusted and understands the market?
Contact LA real estate expert, Craig Thomas, by using the contact form below.
Craig is available to help throughout Los Angeles and the surrounding neighborhoods including:
- modern downtown LA penthouses for sale with views,
- luxury homes in bird streets Hollywood Hills
- Or even private Brentwood country estates with yards
As a top real estate agent in LA, you want to contact C.T. first.
Do you need a faster response?
Call or text Craig at 817.584.7846