Discover The True Value of Your LA Home
As a home seller, you’re likely wondering What’s The Value Of My Home?
Did you know pricing is a top reason homes do not sell? In other words, the home is over-priced for the current market!
Realtors in Los Angeles CA like Craig Thomas help explain that the value of your home is comprised of different variables.
These variables range and can include the following:
- The home-style
- Age of home
- Any home upgrades
- Plot size
- Location, location, location
Sell My Home Fast in Todays Market
When you are wondering “what is the value of my home”, take the above into consideration.
Selling your home in LA can be tiresome and there are countless of homes available to buyers.
So how does your home stack up to other comparable homes in your area?
You have more than likely already done research on the who the best real estate agents are in Los Angeles.
Remember that you want a real estate agent who can guide you throughout the process, will be proactive and is fair.
No surprise to know that as you plan to sell your LA home a lot of factors will come into play. The right LA Realtor will make the entire process seamless.
This article will guide you in the right direction when you’re ready to sell your home.
Below we dive deeper into home selling tips you should keep in mind when dealing in the Los Angeles real estate market.
You’ll learn how to sell your home quickly and for the most money.
Essential Tips To Sell My Home for the Most
Landscaping Your Home
- Weed your lawn
- Make sure to prune any plants
- Trim back any plants around the windows
- Remember there are countless home shoppers driving by and your curb appeal needs to impress
Repair The Outside Of Your Home
- Make sure to power wash any oil stains on your drive way
- Repair cracks or replace gravel as needed
- Repair broken fences
- Re-paint the fence if needed
- “Should I renovate my home before selling” is a common question. sometimes doing the above will make your home look brand new.
How To Prep Your Home To Sell in Los Angeles
Staging Your Home To Sell
- declutter all personal belonging. you want the potential home buyers to see their belonging in your home. you don’t want them to get hung up on your belongings.
- have your carpet professionally cleaned. especially if you have animals.
- clean your windows, and replace ac filters
- don’t forget the outside and inside of your fridge
- give the inside and outside a new paint job
- find a pleasant smell you can plug in and leave running
Inside Repair Tips To Get Your Home Sold
- make sure al light bulbs are replaced. any areas of your home that are too dark, fill them in with light if possible
- repair holes in walls
- replace broken light switch covers
Professional Photographs Help Homes Get Shown
What do I need to know about selling my home? Glad you asked! We all know how critical of a role photographs play in the Los Angeles real estate market. It is the first thing potential home buyers in L.A. see of your home; and first impressions are everything. If you want to sell your home fast, you can’t use iPhone photos to showcase your home.
That’s a big no-no.
Professional photo to sell your home need to be crisp and detailed. Hiring a professional home photographer is key. We all know someone with a camera, but when you’re asking for top dollar for your LA home you need more than your aunt or cousin who can take photos. Bad photos of your home may cause it to stay listed on the L.A. real estate market for longer periods of time.
As a result potential home buyers in LA may start to question your home and think something is wrong with it. Which is the last thing you want.
Detailed Home Descriptions Are Important To Sell Your Home
It pays to be specific about certain key features about your home when listing it to sell fast in Los Angeles. Think about what makes your home unique and why would someone else want to buy it? Is it the spacious back yard, the molding or the cute reading nooks throughout the home?
Your LA realtor should be able to correctly list all the key features. This is something you need to talk to your real estate agent about to make sure it is all mentioned on the MLS listing.
Likewise you never should be misleading in your descriptions. Don’t forget that at some point potential buyers will walk through your home. If something is too fluffed they will notice it and may be turned off.
Inspection Reports Help When Selling Your Home
Getting a home inspection report is overlooked. But if you’re planning to sell your Los Angeles home, it is a key point to do. Costing a few hundred dollars, the inspection report will cost you less in the long run.
This is because it will keep potential home buyers from demanding too much money. When you get a home inspection done, the report usually includes the following:
- cooling systems
- structural elements
Once a qualified home inspector finished inspecting your home, you will receive a detailed home report. For instance, in this report you will learn what what works and doesn’t work along with their recommendations for repairs. As a result of this home inspection report, you want to pay attention tot he big issues.
These big issues are the ones that can hamper your home selling.
Why? Because it is what buyers usually panic about and assume they may need more money to fix, then typically required.
How To Sell My Home Quickly in LA
When working with realtors in Los Angeles CA, they should inform you that the following items are red-flags. And that they tend to scare away potential home buyers in LA.
- large foundation cracks – As you for estate agents in LA to sell your home remember that foundation issues are one of the main reasons homes may not sell. Professional real estate agents will help you evaluate the best options to get this issue solved and make your home sell-ready.
- plumbing issues – If selling my home after 1 year has crossed your mind, make sure you take care of any plumping issues that have probably risen since you took ownership.
- damaged roof
When looking to sell your home fast, pricing plays a major role. Therefore stated earlier, your listing price has to be fair with the given market. When priced too high, you are possibly losing potential buyers who are working with a good realtor. Why? Because that LA realtor is providing all the accurate data to their clients. Therefore the home buyers can see that your home is priced too high based on comparable homes nearby.
Don’t Forget The Costs Involved When Selling Your Home
Of course you will make money from the sale of your home. But we can’t forget about the associated costs that come with that, too. To better prepare for these costs, read below.
- getting your home staged so it is ready to sell for top dollar requires you paying professional stagers. if you don’t hire professional stagers you will still be out of pocket doing it yourself
- any painting or fixing of items around the house will require upfront costs by you
- the buyer may ask you to cover some of the closing costs or title insurance
- the commission by the LA realtor you work with. this is typically a total of 5% between the listing agent and buyers agent
How to Increase the Value of Your Home in Los Angeles
If you follow these steps, you may be able to sell your home fast and at a great price.
Remember, when home buyers are looking for a home for sale they are smart.
You want to play your cards right so that you can sell your home fast and at a good price.
Note: Your home price will vary until a more precise home inspection is completed. To get the most accurate selling price, I recommend my Pinpoint Price Analysis. This Analysis goes over 101 Quick & Easy Tips to Make Your House Show Like a Model Home. After all, it is model homes that sell new homes in LA.
Find yourself asking “I need help selling my home“?
To see what homes are selling for within your area, fill out the form below.
Click the check-box at the bottom if you are interested in my FREE Pinpoint Price Analysis.
Wondering What is the Value of My Home? Contact Craig for Data
Realtors nearby in LA, like Craig Thomas, are available to help home owners find out what your home may sell for.
It’s important to note that Craig is equipped with 13 years of helping home-owners sell their home.
Additionally, as a tech savvy and creative real estate agent, he will also create a custom landing page for your home online.
Benefits of Custom Home Landing Page
- This features your home on it’s own page – away from other listings so that your home has the main stage.
- The web page of your home will include
- professional photos
- descriptive text about your home
- and usually even video so potential buyers can get an idea of the layout
Likewise your home will be featured across numerous social media channels, expanding the reach to potential home buyers in LA.
As a home seller in LA, don’t make the mistake of limiting your profitability to an agent that is not experienced with home pricing or who can’t expose your home to as many potential eyes as possible.
Contact craig by email below or text/call 817.5847846 for a faster response.
Additional Real Estate Articles You May Enjoy
- Find Spacious Penthouses for Sale in Downtown Los Angeles
- Real Estate Active Under Contract: What Does it Mean?
- Curious About The Best Places in Los Angeles to Buy a House?
- How Much is a House Above Hollywood Bowl?
- Snag The Biggest Mansion Using a Hollywood Hills Realtor
- Get More Space. Buy a home in Echo Park
- Apartment Realtors Near Me in Los Angeles: Should You Sublease?
- Moving to Los Angeles Tips (& Everything To Know About The City of Angels)
- Stuck Between Rent VS Buy? Free Calculator To Use
- Luxury Houses in Brentwood Los Angeles for Sale (They’re Gorgeous)
- Updated Hollywood Hills Apartments for Rent
- What is The Home Buying Process? You’ll Never Forget Again!
- A New Way of Living: Creative Co Living in Los Angeles
- Fully Furnished Corporate Housing in LA for Traveling Professionals